Friday, June 25, 2010

Perspective

I listen to JD's stories about her daughter, and I can't help but laugh to realize how differently kids think about and see the world. I think that most people dismiss it too quickly as childish ignorance, but it makes perfect sense when seen from a couple of feet lower. A child may lack experience, but their rationale and logic are not flawed.

For instance, I may have never thought about the display in the front window of a wig shop as a display for a new head. But having had this pointed out to me, I can't help but agree that it could logically be viewed that way.

Maybe we all could use a dose of perspective. Maybe we'd be able to come up with better solutions to designs and problems, instead of just seeing it from the view of our invisible box.

No comments: