Monday, September 26, 2022

Red Means Go

I was sitting at a stoplight this morning with my son, and I suddenly had a flashback to a similar memory with my brother. We had just left my mom’s house, heading back to my dad’s, probably around some holiday. It was just the two of us in the car. As I pulled up to the stoplight, it turned red. I slowed the car to a stop, looked around, and then inexplicably pushed the gas and drove right through the intersection.

The weird thing is that the reality of the situation didn’t sink in until my brother calmly looked over at me and said, “You just ran that red light.” He wasn’t surprised or freaked out. It was like this sort of thing happened to him all the time. Thank God nobody was coming through the intersection at the time. But when I think back on this memory, I still laugh that I did something so stupid and remembering my brother’s reaction.

No comments: