Saturday, October 8, 2022

Layers of Anticipation

When I was in high school, I used to wear a pair of shorts under my jeans or jean shorts. This pair of shorts was like athletic wear, and at any time, I could Magic Mike my outer pants off and be able to engage in an impromptu game of basketball or a romp in the park. I had to buy bigger outer pants to accommodate the extra clothing, and it wasn’t always the coolest option, temperature-wise. But I was faithful to this style well into college as well.

I’m not exactly sure why I started doing this, I think this originated from when I was on the soccer team, and I didn’t want to have to worry about changing in front of people. But it proved useful in a multitude of situations where one might need a change of clothing at a moment’s notice. It was like my own version of a secret superhero costume under my “normal” clothes. When I needed my superpowers, I’d run into a phone booth…or whatever was on hand…and assume a new identity. Instead of skinny, nerdy kid in street clothes, I was skinny, nerdy kid in athletic wear!

No comments: