Tonight was the last class before testing, so I bit the bullet and just outright asked Master Richie if I was going to be evaluated for my last stripe. He told me that he planned to check everyone that was planning to test tomorrow. One of the other guys in my class told me that Master Richie is just swamped with trying to manage both the taekwondo and jiu jitsu classes, which I can totally respect and understand. But then, he needs to delegate the pre-testing evaluations to his other instructors.
Other than the stress of having to ask and wait until the last night, everything went fine. I figured out the secret to getting Master Richie’s attention was to practice on the windows side of the studio. He always stays on that side and watches everyone over there. I’m usually relegated to the back wall, which he never comes to. So, tonight, I wandered over to the windows, and I was able to do my form and both of my one steps for him. And I finally earned my third stripe.

No comments:
Post a Comment