I was telling MR about how my son and his best friend can spend all day together at camp and still want to come home and FaceTime with each other. I said that I love that they enjoy each other so much that they never seem to get enough. MR said that’s how we should be with Jesus. That’s the kind of relationship that we should have.
I don’t know why, but at that exact moment I imagined FaceTiming with Jesus, and I started laughing. I mean wouldn’t it be awesome to be able to just call Jesus on the phone and talk to Him whenever you wanted?! I realize that He’s in Heaven, but He’s God, so He doesn’t need to be physically on this Earth to show up on my phone. And also because He’s God, He wouldn’t be limited to only FaceTiming one person at a time. Anyone could enjoy a conversation with Him, but how many people would? And how many people would avoid Him, because it’s easier to live life your own way and keep Jesus at a distance, all the while merely saying that you’re a Christian.
MR said that if we had that kind of access to Jesus, then what would we have to look forward to in the afterlife. More Jesus! I mean can you truly ever have enough of Jesus?! I mean the disciples had three years with Him, and you’re telling me that they didn’t want more?! I don’t even care that He might say things that aren’t always easy for me to hear. I’d still love to be able to FaceTime Him every day. Prayers are great, but sometimes you’d like to see His face looking back at you.

No comments:
Post a Comment